jfwy

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ops ...

What ops am I referring to?!

NS Operation?

Nah, I mean oral surgery ...


I thought today I would be having my first "operation" in my 23 years of life Haha ...
But who knows ... I was not "cut open"today ... haha ...


Past few weeks, I felt that there is something (a tooth?) coming out from my gum and it should not be the way ... so I decided to go for a check up at the nearby dental polyclinic.

My guessing was right ... spot on ... I have an extra tooth coming out sideway ... strange hor ... I was then referred to Alexandra Hospital Dental Centre for further examination today ...

Before seeing the doctor, I was asked to take an X-ray of my teeth ...
A malay nurse assisted me in doing so ... nothing strange throughout the process and I was rather happy instead when the malay nurse asked me about the perfume brand I was wearing today ... [this meant that I wore the perfume correctly ... :) Not many people knows how to wear a perfume hor ... hahaha] *HAPPY ...

But this happiness didn't last for long ... The doctor examined me and told me an unexpected news ... She showed me the X-ray which I had taken just now ... and you know what, I had two extra teeth at the same spot (one below another), two wisdom teeth coming out sideways and one more wisdom tooth coming out of the gum.

In total, I was told to get rid of these 6 teeth (Plus, one wisdom tooth which is already out), if possible, at one shot ... she said that it is definitely not good to be "put to sleep" so many times ...

Though I still couldn't figure out how come I have so many teeth - 34 in total (a person will normally have 28 - 32 teeth) but I still hope that I will be safe and sound in one piece after the surgery on 1 Nov 06 ... and also that my medisave is RICH enough to pay off this medical fee - $ 920 so ex hor ... haiz ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home